This kashayam or water decoction is designed from a combination of traditional Hindu medicinal practices of Naturopathy, Ayurveda and Siddha
For 350 servings:
- Take 20 litres of water.
- Add 400 – 500 gms of ginger , 20 gms of crushed peppercorns, 50 gms of tulasi
- Boil nicely till it reduces to 18 litres
- Add required quantity of jaggery to taste and 20 gms of turmeric
- After taking off from heat, squeeze 10 lemons into it and mix well.
- Take 50 ml of this while hot once a day every day for 7 days
The goodness of the ingredients:
- Jaggery – loaded with antioxidants and boosts resistance against infections
- Fresh ginger – Helps to relieve from common cold, constipation and nausea and improve immunity
- PepperCorns – Relief from respiratory disorders and cough
- Lemon Juice – Aids digestion and promotes hydration.
- Tulsi / Basil leaves – Reduce the uric acid level in the body and treatment of fever, asthma, stress and respiratory infections etc.